FavoriteLoadingSave to briefcase | Rating: | By (2012)

  • PrintEmail Link
  • Viewed 13,993 times | Saved to 414 briefcases
Errington v Errington Wood [1952] 1 KB 290


Father bought house for son and daughter-in-law. F paid deposit told daughter they were to pay mortgage installments. House is fathers name. Father died. State trying to kick them out


Was there a binding contract on the part of the couple to pay the mortgage?


A unilateral contract cannot be revoked once the other party entered on performance of the act, but the contract would cease to be binding if the party left it incomplete and unperformed.


The couple never bound themselves to pay the mortgage = Unilateral contract


Do not get the house – only would get it if paid mortgage off

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to participate.

This document is a general discussion of certain legal and related issues and must not be relied upon as legal advice. This document may not have been written or reviewed by a legal practitioner. For more information, please see the website Terms of Service.